Are you a small business owner who needs to get more done in less time? If you are anything like me, there are many people and dozens (if not hundreds!) of projects begging for your time and attention. Staying focused on the right things is a constant battle. For me, organization is a key factor in being productive, so I’ve pulled together my best small business productivity tips on this page, all nice and tidy. Enjoy!
You will be much more productive if you stay organized
Whether it’s your finances, your content, or your systems, you will be much more productive if you stay organized. Knowing exactly where everything is keeps you from becoming overwhelmed and ensures that your small business runs smoothly.
Here are some tips on how to keep it all together:
- 7 Tips for Super-Organized Small Business Finances – As a small business owner, there is always something that needs to be done and it’s easy to put off finances for another day. And that’s how chaos happens. Stay on top of your small business finances with these seven simple tips.
- How to Use a Spreadsheet for Your Content Ideas – The first step in writing awesome content is to make sure that you have a never-ending well of great ideas. I recommend keeping those ideas in a spreadsheet. Spreadsheets are simple, flexible, and you can get as crazy as you like with color-coding.
- 5 Quick and Easy Tips to Organize Evernote – Evernote will be more useful if you take the time to organize your notes. Use these five Evernote organization tips to create a system that works for you.
- How to Save Your Sanity with Systems and Processes – The key to running a successful solopreneur business without running yourself ragged is to have systems and processes in place for everything.
- How to Organize Your Blog Images in 6 Easy Steps – Most bloggers today use a lot of images in their posts. But how do you keep all those images organized? Here are six easy steps to organize your blog images.
Plan your work and work your plan
“Plan your work and work your plan.” There’s a reason that this is a popular saying. Planning works.
Here are five of my favorite posts to help you plan in your small business.
- How to Plan for a Super Successful Year – I asked 11 of my favorite ladyboss bloggers to share their best tips for maximizing planning. Check out all 11 in this round-up post.
- The Power of the 90-Day Plan – 90 days is the perfect amount of time for a plan – short enough that you don’t lose focus, but long enough that you can make significant progress toward goals.
- 7 Tips for Planning Your Day – Use these 7 tips to create a plan to keep your day (and life) from running away from you.
- Boost Your Productivity with a Project Plan – If you spend time planning your projects before diving into action, you will have a better idea of what you want the project to accomplish. Click through to read about creating a project plan and to download your free Project Plan checklist!
- A Quick and Easy Way to Brainstorm Blog Topics – Tired of staring at a blank screen? Use this quick and easy way to brainstorm blog topics and generate a long list of content ideas.
Gain control over your time
Are you busy or productive? They are not necessarily the same thing. To be truly productive, you need to shift your focus from activities to results.
Here is some of my best advice on gaining control over your time.
- 11 Top Biz Owners Share Their Best Time Management Hacks – Do you wonder how successful small business owners get everything done? I asked 11 top small business owners. Here’s what they had to say.
- How to Stick to Your Top Priorities – Being productive is about doing the right things. Here are nine tips that will help you stick to your priorities.
- Improve Your Productivity with the 2-Minute Rule – Are you procrastinating small tasks? Is your brain-space taken up with little things that need to be done? Are you drowning in email? Use the 2-minute rule to improve your productivity and get things done.
- Do You Need to Go On a Content Diet? – Do you consume too much content? If content consumption is getting in the way of your goals, then you need to go on a content diet.
- Avoid the Time Traps that Destroy Productivity – As a small business owner, time is one of your most valuable assets. To be successful, you need to avoid the time traps that destroy your productivity.
Small business productivity tools
No discussion of productivity tips for small business owners would be complete without considering tools.
Here are a few posts about the tools I use every day to be more productive.
- Why I Fell in Love with Asana – Asana has all the features I consider “must-haves” in a project management tool. Plus, it’s crisp and clean and has unicorns. Click through to see more and download the free Getting Started Guide – a step-by-step guide to setting up your first project in Asana.
- 10 Quick Tips to Get More Out of Asana – Want to get even more out of Asana? Here are 10 Asana tips and tricks to help you get organized, stay productive, and keep your small business on track.
- 11 Tips for Getting Started with Evernote – Evernote has been my go-to note-taking app for years. If you haven’t tried it yet, I have 11 tips that will get you up and running in no time.
- Resource Toolbox – Here’s a peek into my resource toolbox – the tools, links, and resources that I use and recommend to help you run your small business.
Advanced Productivity Resources
Are you ready to dive deeper into leveling up your small business productivity? If you are a DIY learner, then these e-courses and e-books may be right up your alley. If you’d like more hands-on assistance, then a coaching package or Power Hour may be just what you need. I’d love to work with you to improve the productivity of your small business!
- Jumpstart Your Productivity – Do you want step-by-step advice on how take action and level up your productivity? Then check out my free 5-day course for solopreneurs and small business owners who need to get more done.
- Time Management for Solopreneurs – Do you ever get to the end of the day and wonder how you managed to get so little done? You’re not alone. The tips in this free e-book will show you ways that you can get more done.
- Biz Boost Workbook – The best way to have both a successful business and a lot of spare time is to make every minute of your workday count. That’s what the Biz Boost workbook is about.
- Productivity Coaching – Each week for 4 weeks, we’ll work 1-on-1 on a different aspect of productivity & time management, tailored to your business needs.
- Power Tool Power Hour – Get hands-on assistance with one of the following power tools for your business: Asana, BoardBooster, Google Sheets, Evernote, or Canva.
P. S. Are you looking for proven strategies to make your business productive + profitable? Click below to enroll my FREE e-course!